Join the YCC
Summer Connections Program
Employ Prince George’s in collaboration with the Youth Career Connect (YCC) Program presents the 2021 PAID Virtual Summer Work Experience. Our YCC Virtual Summer Work Experience will start July 19, 2021, and operate 6-weeks through August 27, 2021.
- Applications are open until June 4th, and all applicants will receive an official application link and be interviewed for access to the Virtual Summer Work Experience.
- The Virtual Summer Work Experience runs from July 19th to August 27th
- Summer opportunities are available in the following Industries: Administrative Services, The Arts, Entrepreneurship, Healthcare, Hospitality, Social Media Management, and Information Technology Fields
- Open to Prince George's County residents ages 18-24
- Virtual & In-Person Employment Opportunities Available
- Must have High School Diploma or GED (non-negotiable)
- Earn $12/hour, up 30 hours per week
Youth will explore occupations, education and training requirements, salaries, growth projections, and opportunities within each industry.
This program will provide young adults with a work experience that will be engaging to their talents, interests, and skills while raising their awareness of employer expectations, proper work attire, and interpersonal expectations.
Join this summer and progress into the Knowledge Equals Youth Success (KEYS) Workforce Training and Development Program in September 2021!
Over the course of six weeks, Youth Career Connect (YCC) Program participants between the ages of 18-24 will be exposed to six different in-demand industries including:
- Information Technology
- Administrative Services
- The Arts
This summer, YCC is hosting 80 young adults to participate in a series of educational, work-based learning, and internship opportunities throughout the metropolitan area. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our program structure will reflect the following:
- Traditional in-person work experiences & limited remote working opportunities with the final project
- Virtual capstone on Zoom to include a work-based learning project with partner employers, guest speakers, and a final project
- All participants will benefit from weekly job readiness training to include: first impressions, goal setting, social & cross-cultural skills, critical & creative thinking, conflict resolution, and teamwork & collaboration