Join the Youth Career
Youth Career Connections (YCC) is a premier education and employment program offered by Employ Prince George’s (EPG) exclusively for high school-aged youth in Prince George’s County, Maryland.
The YCC program is designed to help students:
- Graduate high school successfully!
- Gain skills to be competitive in the workforce!
- Gain employment!
Students enrolled in the 11th and 12th grades can receive assistance through YCC for FREE! Year-round enrollment is open to students who meet eligibility criteria.
Interested in the Youth Career Connections Program?
Please feel free to contact Lakesha Lee Lucas, Outreach & Recruitment Specialist, directly with any questions or concerns via email at YCC@co.pg.md.us or call (240) 695-0303.
Youth will explore occupations, education and training requirements, salaries, growth projections, and opportunities within each industry.
This program will provide young adults with a work experience that will be engaging to their talents, interests, and skills while raising their awareness of employer expectations, proper work attire, and interpersonal expectations.
This summer, YCC is hosting 80 young adults to participate in a series of educational, work-based learning, and internship opportunities throughout the metropolitan area. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our program structure will reflect the following:
- Traditional in-person work experiences & limited remote working opportunities with the final project
- Virtual capstone on Zoom to include a work-based learning project with partner employers, guest speakers, and a final project
- All participants will benefit from weekly job readiness training to include: first impressions, goal setting, social & cross-cultural skills, critical & creative thinking, conflict resolution, and teamwork & collaboration
Join this summer and progress into the Knowledge Equals Youth Success (KEYS) Workforce Training and Development Program in September 2021!
Over the course of six weeks, Youth Career Connections (YCC) Program participants between the ages of 18-24 will be exposed to six different in-demand industries including:
- Information Technology
- Administrative Services
- The Arts