Training for Productivity
The Office of Business Services utilizes a vast network of partner training providers, traditional education institutions and grants to develop customized trainings to help companies of all sizes develop pipelines of qualified and skilled talent to profit and grow in a competitive market.
- Our grants cover a matching portion of training expenses and, in some cases, related equipment and partial wage reimbursement.
- Businesses stay in full control of how, when and where they train their employees. We provide the expertise, funding and resources needed to succeed.
- We have helped thousands of workers enhance their productivity, while helping their employers grow and compete in a global economy.
Provides businesses with matching funds to support the cost of pre-employment training for new employees.
- strategyAn alternative strategy for businesses to hire skilled workers into hard-to-fill or newly created positions.
- FundingFunding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- investmentBusinesses are responsible for at least 10% match for each dollar invested in skills training. The match can be made with cash or in-kind contributions.
- hireBusinesses agree to hire successful participants into full-time, permanent positions with health benefits.
- competitiveBusinesses agree to pay new employees a competitive wage for their industry sector.
- processBusinesses are fully involved in the interview, selection and training process.
Incumbent Worker Training
- Incumbent Worker training is designed to meet the special requirements of an employer to retain a skilled workforce or avert the need to lay off employees by assisting the workers in obtaining the skills necessary to retain employment.
- Private sector businesses with 250 employees or fewer that provides in-demand products or services.
- There is a dollar-to-dollar match requirement, and a $4,500 training cap funding level that may be awarded to a specific trainee for a project or series of projects. The maximum request per year cannot exceed $40,000.
- The Program funds classroom-based training, in-house staff training, apprenticeships, and other opportunities for Maryland’s businesses as they create and foster their talent pipeline.
On The Job Training (OJT)Hire Prince George’s County
Hire Prince George’s County is Prince George’s County’s customized On-the-Job Training (OJT) program where businesses hire and train individuals for long-term employment.
You Hire, You Train and We Pay!
Hire Prince George’s County provides businesses the opportunity to work through the Office of Business Services to recruit, pre-screen job candidates, and hire new employees to train them in the job specific skills they need to be successful and productive.
Businesses are reimbursed up to 90% for the costs of training, and the decision to expand employment will boost the economy by creating opportunities for Prince George’s County residents!
Benefits to Employers
- Increased productivity
- Higher worker retention rates
- Reimbursement of training cost
- Training tailored to employer needs
Key Features of Hire Prince George’s County
- Reimbursement of up to 90 percent of trainee wages during training period
- Minimal paperwork; easy process
- Not limited to specific job types