Encore Experienced Workers Program
Experienced adults from all walks of life are returning to the workforce. Many employers value older workers’ knowledge, maturity, and work ethic, but finding a job is not easy, particularly for adults over the age of 50. Our services will assist as you gain a greater understanding of the current labor market. We will help you package and promote the valuable skills and experiences you can offer, and we will be a ready reserve of resources available to the seasoned job seeker.
- Customized career tracks for different stages of aging
- Basic computer/technology & social media classes
- Job fairs & recruitment events specific to older workers
- Specialized 50+ job readiness workshops
- Language translation line
- Job clubs
- Financial benefits counseling (Pre-Retirement)
- So much more!
To enroll, please email us at WSD@co.pg.md.us or call us at (301) 618-8445.
Strategies to be used to work with 50+ job seekers.
Build a sustainable, diverse resource base to support the program’s agenda, for research and employer engagement.
- Coaching Clinic Network of HR Specialists and Recruiters who will volunteer to coach participants.
- Online calendar
- News Work Monthly Newsletter
- Employers gleaned through BRRs. Those with demonstrated willingness to hire older workers.
- Sector Specific Toolkit. Developing a vault of strong sectoral information gathered from local employers and through labor market analysis.
- Job Boards Identifying Job Boards that are updated and profitable for our customer base.
- Agency on Aging + AARP
AJCCN Partners working with the older worker population.
- Pickett Fences
- 360 Wholeness
- Community Support Systems
Participant Networking Groups/Job Clubs Covering topics such as:
- Guarding One’s Emotional Health
- Age Proofing the Resume
- Acing the Interview
- Engage as We Age
Volunteer Me & Internships
- Encouraging and facilitating volunteer opportunities.
- Reskilling programs
- New skills offerings
- Trainings under the National Retail Federation and under the Hotel and Accommodation Association.
- Encore Employment Readiness Bootcamp
- Situation Room: Weekly 2-hour sessions when employers and employment-ready job seekers may meet and discuss position vacancies and interests.
- Baseline Adult Basic Education, Social Media & Computer Literacy
Job Center Employer Committee
Encouraging age-friendly practices to include flexible work hours, making training available to all employees, and having worker-friendly benefits that help people work for as long as they wish or need to, and exploring barriers to Hiring.
Emergency Assistance Partnership
Resources to support customers with unexpected barriers that threaten to derail employment plan.